Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Apr 9, 2012

Easter

Easter was kind of weird this year since I was sick and had to work. I really missed the big Thompson/Argyle/Lund celebrations I loved growing up, complete with egg coloring and smashing, hidden baskets of deliciousness, and a huge delightful meal. I kept a few traditions going, but on a smaller scale. I made a basket of Scott and my favorite Easter candies and hid it for him (he found it way too quickly!) and we colored a bunch of eggs.

Being sick and having to work, I didn't make it to church and I missed that most of all. I enjoyed reading about the Savior and His sacrifice for us at home though, and reflecting on how glad I am to know that He truly is risen! That joyous thought made the day great even though it wasn't what I'm used to. Hoping next year we will get to celebrate with family and spiritually uplifting worship without work or sickness.

Here are some pics from our egg coloring!
Scottie being artsy

All of our eggs

My best eggs

Scott's best eggs

Scott's zombie eggs scaring my Humpty Dumpty

1 comment:

  1. No fun to be sick :( But i'm glad you got to do some fun eastery things like dye eggs, they are way cute!

    ReplyDelete